Social Security Disability Claims
Social Security Disability is split into two categories:
1) Supplemental Security Income (SSI): Social Security payments to people with low income/resources who are considered disabled and incapable of doing substantial gainful activity.
2) Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): Monthly wage replacement benefit for those who have in the past have worked, paid into the Federal Contributions Act (FICA) tax (payroll imposed tax); and are unable to work for a year or more because of their disability.
Our Office will handle your disability claim at the administrative level. This means that we will do the following:
1) File your claim
2) Request for Reconsideration and handle the appeal if your claim is denied
3) Attend hearings in front of the Administrative Law Judge
4) If your claim still remains denied, handle your appeal in front of the Appeals Council